For those who always have a dark chocolate tooth 🙂
Quantity: 25-28 cookies Preparation time: 10 mins Cooking time: 15-20 mins
1 cup of whole wheat/all purpose flour
2/3rd cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
125 gm unsalted butter (in room temperature)
125 ml of regular/brown sugar
1/8th tsp of salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 egg (in room temperature) (optional)
Couple of tsp of milk
1 tsp of vanilla essence
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees for 20 mins and butter the baking tray/spread parchment.
- Bring the butter to room temperature, using whisker or hand blender blend the butter until its all soft
- Add in all the wet ingredients except milk and blend it well. Then add sugar and salt blend until they all mix well
- Meanwhile, sift whole wheat flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- And add the mixture to blended wet batter and mix it well.
- Once all are blended well, see if you can make small balls as shown in pictures. If not add 1 tsp of milk at a time and blend again. Repeat adding milk until you are able to make make balls.
- Arrange the cookies in the baking tray by leaving enough space when they are baked they tend to expand.
- Keep it in the oven and bake it at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes
- You can add powdered sugar as well, based on your convenience. Adding actual sugar without powdering gives a rough texture and extra crunchiness to your cookies. So I always prefer adding them as whole without powdering.
- You can chocolate chips, chopped walnuts as well
- After 10-15 minute gently touch the cookies and see, it has to be firmer and not soft. That is how it has to be, if not bake them for 2-5 more minutes. If it s slightly soft, it is fine u can take them out and it will get harder once its cooled