Every time I eat Potato spinach at restaurant/home, I wanted to substitute Potato. Cauliflower is the first thing that came in my mind. Next thing I did was to google to check if cauliflower and spinach subji is already made by someone and it would be edible 😛 To my surprise there was one and it did came out amazing.
Serves: 2 Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
Cauliflower florets: 1.5 cup
Spinach: 3 cup
Medium tomato – 1
Garlic cloves – 6
Ginger – 1 (2 inch)
Green chilly – 2
Cumin – 1tsp
Saunf – 1tsp
Garam Masala – 1tsp
Oil/Ghee/Butter – 2 tbsp
- Wash cauliflower florets, steam/boil the for 10 minutes until cooked
- Wash spinach and chop them roughly.
- Grind tomato, garlic, ginger, chilly to a fine paste
- In a pan, add butter/oil/ghee. Once the oil is hot, add cumin and saunf and let it splutter
- Add the grounded paste, and saute until the paste releases oil
- Add the boiled cauliflower and saute or 2 minutes.
- Then add chopped spinach, at this stage add salt and garam masal. Mix them all together. Keep stirring occasionally until spinach shrinks and blends well with cauliflower and all waters are observed
- Quantity of cauliflower and spinach is completely up to you. Either you reduce the spinach quantity or make it equal to cauliflower.
- Instead of boiling cauliflower, you can blanch them for 10 minutes and cook them later when you at saute with masalas